Friday, June 27, 2008

The Beginning...


I have been inspired by all you bloggers out there...I am going to try and post a couple times a week so those of you who are interested in what is happening in the Smith household can check back and get the scoop!

Steve and I are both off for summer right now and loving being home together with our little Timothy. It is great getting to see him change and grow! He is talking a ton and loves to grab at his toys. He has rolled from his belly to his back twice but I think it was just that everything was in the right place. He does a great job holding up is head when he is on his belly so I suspect anytime now he will be rolling. He loves to lay on his back and hang out with us. He will scoot himself around in a circle when he is on his back if he wants to see something out of his range of sight. It happens real gradually so it is hard to get on video but he is moving! It is all so exciting!

On another note, Steve will be having surgery on his hip Tuesday, July 8th. He is having a total hip replacement. Please keep us in your prayers and please pray for his doctor, Dr. Skinner, and the rest of the medical staff that will be caring for him during the whole process. Also, next school year I am fortunate to be sharing a contract and will only work a couple days a week, praise God that all worked out. Lastly, for now, we are looking into buying a home here in So Cal, hopefully we will be able to find something we like and can afford! I'll let you know...I am sure it will be a long process!

I will do my best to post to this and hope you all enjoy hearing about what is going on with us.

Shelley

2 comments:

anne satterfield said...

Hi Shelley & Steve
thank you for the great update & the recent slideshow!!!

we will call you soon for a visit

Steve is in our prayers definately next week: I'm sure his surgery will go well.

Thank you again - I just smile seeing the 3 of you!

Steve, Christy & Roscoe said...

So happy you started a blog!!! Best of luck to Steve on the 8th-we will keep a good thought. The little guy is adorable and you guys look great!! So happy to hear from you. Let's keep each other posted!